Get Your Body Ready For The Summer Now!
The year is almost over and the resolutions you made in the previous year are in your rear view mirror. So are the plans you had in January for that fabulous body. All the exercise equipment and DVDs you bought are steadily gathering dust. Now, the holidays are here and you indulged in that sweet potato pie or that eggnog more than you intended to. Do not despair! All is not lost. You can still get that summer body back if you work at it.
- You can start early. Gradual exercises have more long term benefits than short term ones. Be patient even if you initially do not see results. Should you decide to have elective surgery, there are several options to choose from depending on your budget, your health status and the results you want.
- Advances in the cosmetic surgery industry have made it such that you can walk into a plastic surgeon’s office with excess weight and leave with visibly improved results. Procedures such as body sculpting and Botox injections may be done in a short amount of time with little to no scarring and with immediate results.
- Other long term procedures such as liposuction, breast augmentations and reductions have longer recovery times but the results are worth it. A licensed plastic surgeon may also help you decide on what diet is helpful for maintaining a youthful appearance.
- Once you undergo these procedures, you must now do the hard part which is maintenance of your new body. Some of the procedures mentioned above require follow up treatments every few months or years to maintain your desired look. A good skin care regimen will also go a long way in keeping you youthful.
- It goes without saying that diet and exercise are important in getting that beautiful healthy body back. Start slowly and allow your body to adjust to your exercise routine you choose. You do not want to injure yourself through over exertion.
- Consult a dietitian on the right kind of diet and exercise to engage in based on factors such as your age and any medical conditions you may have.
- One common mistake men and women make is they expect to see immediate results. This may lead them to seek unhealthy ways such as starving, binge eating and purging or extreme workout routines that can dehydrate you and cause body weakness.
These things above will help you get your body ready for the summer months and looking good on the beach.